NPR debunks feds’ claim of hundreds of school shootings

[NPR Radio just recently investigated and confirmed that 93% of all school shootings reported in 2015-2016 never actually happened. This is startling since the exposé comes from NPR – a government-funded anti-gun radio station.

So, if 93% of all schools shootings were fake or misreported, and the remaining 7% were so iffy as to leave the incident questionable and unable to rise to the level of a confirmed shooting, just how many can we confidently conclude were real?

We already knew that most of the claimed shootings in schools and public places that were big news were invented to scare people into thinking they need more police, even in schools. Also, the anti-gun activists and politicians have , for decades, overplayed their hand in trying to get legislation passed to confiscate all guns. We have known this was theater created to scare the gullible public.

Now, with the figures exposed by NPR, that only 7% of the reported cases in 2015-2016 have even a chance of being anything like they claim – an actual reportable incident, it leaves us to guess how many of the remaining 7% were nothing more than fake, invented, staged productions for the purpose of promoting an agenda of the gun grabbers and the police (military) state.

Go to YouTube and type in “Fake School Shootings” and prepare for an educational graphic journey into the world of fake news and crisis actors. -ed]


HERE’S THE NPR ARTICLE. (Please click on the links too)

WND  9-1-2018

The overwhelming majority of school shootings listed in a Department of Education report never happened, according to an investigation by National Public Radio.16111

The government agency reported “nearly 240 schools” in the 2015-2016 school year reported at least one incident involving a school-related shooting, a figure far high that most estimates.

More than 100 reported a school-related “homicide involving a student, faculty member or staff member.”

But NPR contacted every one of the schools and found that more than two-thirds of the reported incidents never happened.

And it was able to confirm only 11 reported incidents, either through the school or media reports.

“How many times per year does a gun go off in an American school? We should know. But we don’t,” NPR said.

Deborah Temkin, a researcher and program director at Child Trends, told NPR: “When we’re talking about such an important and rare event, [this] amount of data error could be very meaningful.”

‘Typical government fashion’

The Washington watchdog Judicial Watch observed that even though the Department of Education is the agency “responsible for disseminating the erroneous information, in typical government fashion, it shrugged it off as no big deal.”

“Evidently, the federal agency doesn’t bother checking data before publishing it as fact,” Judicial Watch said.

The Washington watchdog said it’s “hardly an isolated incident of government inefficiency, but the seriousness of the matter should inspire the feds to provide the public – and policy makers – with accurate information.”

“Instead, the DOE, a typical bloated agency with a $59 billion budget, passed the buck to the so-called civil rights data collection division which apparently plays fast and loose with facts.”

Judicial Watch did find it “amusing” that a government-funded news outlet debunked a government report.

NPR reported: “In 161 cases, schools or districts attested that no incident took place or couldn’t confirm one. In at least four cases, we found, something did happen, but it didn’t meet the government’s parameters for a shooting. About a quarter of schools didn’t respond to our inquiries.”

The agency cited a report from Everytown for Gun Safety that listed just 29 shootings at K-12 schools during the 2015-2016 time period at issue.

The federal agency listed 26 shootings in the Ventura Unified School District in Southern California.

However, NPR reported Jeff Davis, an assistant superintendent, said, “I think someone pushed the wrong button.”

Davis said outgoing Supt. Joe Richards “has been here for almost 30 years and he doesn’t remember any shooting.”


This entry was posted in Articles. Bookmark the permalink.